Saturday, June 28, 2008

New Vivienne Westwood store.

Last week I had my graduation ceremony with the rest of my class. I was ecstatic that Dame Vivienne Westwood was also graduating at this same ceremony, having been given an Honorary Degree from my university. (Not everyone can say they graduated with Vivienne Westwood).
(Here she is at her Manifesto: an active resistance to propaganda. My flatmate Kirsty is in the background in a potato sack costume as she read from Vivienne's script. Lucky girl.)

At the same time, I discovered that she is soon to open a new store in Glasgow: her first in Scotland. It is due to open in Princes Square (situated on Buchanan Street) which already boasts such stores as Calvin Klein, boutiques like Fifi and Ally and Penhaligons as well as many slick bars and restaurants.
Just up the road from Princes Square, Urban Outfitters already sells a selection of her Anglomania collection, but I can't wait to see this new store open. Her collections are always so inspiring and unapologetic for doing their own thing: never abiding to the restrictions of seasonal trends.

No comments: