Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Secret world of Haute Couture.

A tutor told me about this documentary. After spending hours searching for it on the bbc website and more I finally found it on the most obvious place: youtube. It was a real eye opener to the passion, the work force and the priviledged few who that could afford to splash out $100,000 on a bespoke dress.

The idea of spending this stupendous amount of money on a garment that would be rarely worn, made me question my morals on how it could be justified. Watch for yourself to see, I'm glad to see some of these woman are philanthropists and also donate the dresses to museums.

Watch to see Karl Lagerfield taking you through the process of concept right through to customer purchase of an astonishingly beautiful white feather haute couture dress. Amazingly, this BBC documentary also includes Valentino himself and John Galliano!

It's in 6 parts, but it's worth it.

No comments: