Thursday, August 20, 2009

Lace

I have mentioned my fondness for lace on many-an-occasion. I love the delicacy and fragility of lace, which nowadays is toughened up with the items it is worn with. I have collected quite a few lace garments over the last couple of years but there's always room for more. Here are some items I've recently been eyeing up:
My appreciation of lace however, also stems from the booming industry my home town was famous for. For such a small town, Darvel established a large lace-making reputation throughout Scotland and our lace was exported all over the world from the handful of factories. Unfortunately, over the last couple of decades, cheaper foreign production has wiped out the industry and only one of the factories stands intact with its looms but completely dorment.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a coincidence :)